...well, kinda. I have finally plunkered down to log in how today went. Well, I never actually went to sleep last night. The fam and I left the house at 4:40ish and got to the airport a little while later. I thought I had plenty of time, but I think I actually cut it really close. Right before I stood in line for TSA security I was saying bye to the fam and giving hugs and crying like I do when all of a sudden a ginormous group of like 100 people bum rushed me and I was WAAAAAAAy in the back of the line. When I finally got to my gate they were boarding group 3ish and I was in group 5. It was a full flight. I slept most of the way....about 2 hours worth of a nap. Meh. Since the cheapo-s didn't feed us on the flight I got myself some McDonald's and a grande white mocha. And that's what I've been running on. So the other flight was fine and short.
We flew into Philly a little early and ended up getting to the gate late...weird. We sat on the tarmac for 1/2 hour >:( Got my bags, met up with a couple other volunteers and we had a little adventure in finding transportation to the hotel. When it's my turn to check in I hand the girl my credit card and she asks for another because mine is expired. OF COURSE it would be expired! Lucky me. However I lucked out and Eric put my room on his card. Oh and then we each get a letter because we are early arrivals. And on mine I have this little note stating that I will have a room all to myself. Now I don't know if this will end up being a good thing or not...
Anyways, Eric stopped by my room later and told me that some of the other volunteers were meeting up at 7:30 to go out. We took the subway to the historic district and walked around, and eventually got some food. And then we made our way back....and here I am, all ready for bed.
Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
nice diaries for memory
Post a Comment