Saturday, September 12, 2009

missing home :(

Tomorrow (September 8th) I am going to English club in Zoungbonou and will be talking about the Star Spangled Banner and the Pledge of Allegiance. And looking at the words to each and then the researching what it all means…it’s beautiful. America is awesome and I won’t see it for another year.

And I miss my family. I miss talking to my mom every night. I miss taking my sister on errands, shopping, etc. I miss driving. I miss fast internet in my own home. I miss feeling cold. I miss gummy bears. I miss pho. I miss my dog. I miss washing machines and dryers. I miss fast food, especially the drive-through part. I miss real grocery stores. I miss movie theaters. I miss cute boys with blonde hair and blue eyes. I miss all paved roads. I miss “one-person-per-seat” and the whole “click it or ticket” deal because that implies that one is obligated to wear a seatbelt. I miss the absence of HUGE cockroaches and mice in my house. I miss only having to speak English. I miss debit cards. I miss traffic lights. I miss left hand turn lanes. I miss coffee and Starbucks (on every corner). I miss Evergreen trees. I miss freeways. I miss (whole) rainy days and weeks (you would too, eventually)! I miss those days where it’s sunny and still freezing cold outside. I miss regular haircuts. I miss wearing make-up and cute clothes. I miss wearing high heels even though I hate them at the end of the night. I miss department stores.

I miss America.

No comments: