This past Thursday I went to my school to pick up my schedule for the year. For now it looks like I am going to teach only 3 classes, again. I was hoping to teach 4, but we had to remove one because it would be like me teaching 7th, 8th, and 9th grade, I just want to stick to grades 7 and 8. so hopefully, the vice principle will add one more class to my schedule and I will keep busy. I feel like nothing is new any more for me and I have fallen into a routine and this year I need to keep busy with classes and other projects.
I believe I have mentioned that there is an orphanage a stone’s throw away from my house. I brought one of their girl’s (my student) to Camp GLOW…. Well, they have a big wall where my friend, Catherine and I are going to paint a big, huge world map. And then we have to paint all the names of all the countries on it too. We are going to have the older kids from the orphanage help paint. I don’t know how long it is going to take, but I am thinking we are going to start sometime in November because we have to do certain paperwork to get a little grant. And then we have to draw a big huge grid…there’s an actual manual on how to do this, and I don’t think that it’ll be too difficult. It’s been a secondary project for volunteers all over the world and I am totally falling into the cliché of that volunteer who painted a world map. Once we get started I will post up pics.
Speaking of pictures, I apologize for not posting many recently. Last year I broke the screen on my camera and I feel all awkward taking pictures like they used to do. People here are either big on having their pictures taken or seriously don’t want them taken. It’s disappointing to them when they rush to see how their portrait turned out and there’s a big crack and darkness with a few lines of reddish, blueish, whiteish color. And I have to explain how it broke and they can’t see the picture. And then it’s hard to be discreet about taking pictures when I have to hold the flashy camera up to my left eyeball and squint the right one…take a few seconds to adjust the focus and another second to take the pic. And then I never know if it’s gonna be any good. I feel like regular old 35mm cameras were good at doing their job. But now that we have those neat digital screens to view them right after being taken…I feel like without seeing them, they just don’t turn out as good as they used to—once upon a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment