Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bon jour France!

hello from Ouistreham, France!

I feel as though I am starting to finally settle into this town.

I live in a really awesome 2br "flat." I was supposed to have a Brittish flatmate, but she decided she wanted to get her own place...

The apartment is huge! The kitchen alone is almost the size of my entire house in Benin! I have a "sitting" aka living room. The shower and toilet are in ech of their own separate rooms.

The windows all over this place are huge and let in a lot of light. On the flip side they also let out a lot of heat!

My Scottish friend and colleague, Lynn has lent me her TV...it's the "old" kind and I have to get a decoder,--also to be lent by someone :)

My arrival into the Caen region was somewhat of a shakeup! I had only written down the phone numbers of the principal (in Ouistreham), my colleague/friend Sandrine, and the school. So as soon as I lugg all my bags up the stairs I park myself next to the curb and call up Sandrine to tell her I have arrived and to come pick me up. (I was to stay with her my first night.)

Well, naturally, my SIM must have some kind of problem and when I called her number, the phone would not even ring! All I got was some kind of error message telling me that the number I tried was invalid, not registered to anyone. It was Saturday afternoon; 3pm when I arrived, so calling the school wasn't an option. So that left me to call the principal!

Mr. Leblanc, the principal, ended up calling a few people and in the end someone came to pick me up and dropped me off at Sandrine's house.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

hey hey...excited you are keeping up the blog while in France!! Sorry it took me awhile to catch on.

I love that you still use colleague. It just sounds so beninese. Sounds like you are loving france and i am tre tres happy 4 u!! Miss you though--can't wait to see you.

Funk Junkie said...

Typical! Sounds like the story of our lives! Hahaa! I gotta post up that pick of you as the Bag Lady!!