Well today, Wednesday December 17th…I had one class this afternoon. I taught the kids prepositions of place: in, on, under, next to, behind, etc. and I had the kids pull a desk from outside and I placed some of my favorite kids under, on, behind, in front of, and next to the desk. It was fun and the kids thought it was hilarious. I really love teaching 6eme because first of all they listen to me and respect me. And because the lessons are so much fun! Then after the lesson, we did test corrections, and then I played my guitar for them, and we sang Jingle Bells! And I played We Three Kings on my guitar. But I didn’t play as well as I thought I would, so for tomorrow I am just going to skip it. I am skipping it also because I have the class that I hate in the evening after my other 6eme. And I am really not happy with that class. There is a lot of chatter while I am trying to teach. And they don’t pay attention. There is no respect and it sucks and I come home angry, tired and sad. And I am giving a little speech to the kids tomorrow to see if that changes anything. I am going to tell them that they didn’t do well on the test. And that I hope they did better in their other classes because they didn’t do good on the English test. I will tell them that when I come home after teaching them I am angry, tired and sad. And that it is not good for my health. I will tell them that I really don’t look forward to teaching their class. Sounds mean, huh. And maybe it is, but I gotta do something. And there is just a different way of thinking here. I tried to be a nice guy and tried to appeal to them. But they are not responding to that, so I am going to try the mean route. I don’t even think I have the energy left in me to be nice or pleasant to these monsters.
Hahha. Ok, here’s something funny. I had to go to school this morning (I usually don’t have class weds. Morning) to get a paper signed…basically a permission slip to leave my post for a week while I take a little vacay. So I was leaving and to get home I ride on the main paved road. And my school is just off this goudron. But on a little dirt road. So there was this little girl (probably around 2ish) just dilly-dallying around. And then she looks up and sees me in workout/bicycle gear. She doesn’t cry or anything. But she gets a kinda panicked look on her face as if the boogeyman is going to snatch her up and carry her away on the big blue mountain bike. And she runs across my path..i am definitely not going very fast cause A the road is bumpy and B I don’t wanna run the kids over…and she full on books it into a consession/yard/gated house thing, and doesn’t look back. And just beyond her, I can see an older woman laughing out loud at the sight, and I laugh with her. Oh good times.
My life is a roller coaster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment