I have begun to meet the other yovos in town. I am soooooooooo glad that I decided to go to the beach for Valentine’s Day. It has really opened up relationships with other non-Beninese people.
Today, I was en train de walking home, and I get a phone call from Carla, the Canadian girl from Victoria. She asked if I was busy, and the answer was no, so I met up with her in town because she wanted to introduce me to an English speaking friend. I met Ellen, aka maman Kazuki…I forget her last name. But she’s this Filipino lady who opened up a school. And they just opened it up to 6eme last year, so now they are at the 5eme level as their highest level.
Carla is upon her last few days in Lokossa. And there is gonna be a little get together on Saturday for her, as a sort of going away party. I am crossing my fingers that their might be some Filipino food their, aka adobo, lumpias, or that rice noodley stuff!!
And it just sounds like there are all kinds of foreigners in Lokossa. And I can’t believe it’s taken me nearly 6 months to find them! Where have they been hiding? Or was it me that was hiding? Or do we just all have different schedules and never see each other? But at the same time…it’s kinda awkward to see another white person. I mean, what do you say? And how would you go about saying it? I can’t really describe the feeling…other than it’s slightly awkward for both parties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment