Saturday, April 25, 2009

more talk about food, lol

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I never thought I would find myself talking about food so much…but here I go again!

(I hope that upon my return I don’t turn into Jabba the Hut!)

The other day Amber and I went out for some yam pile, and because it was easier to tell the zem to go to Bel-Air (sounds classy, huh) which is the supermarket that is where we were dropped off. And I decided that I wanted to grab some cookies to munch on after dinner. And then after Amber and I had our fill on yam pile, cheese, and peanut sauce I whipped out the cookies and thought out loud, that back home, I never really craved sweet things…after dinner, like I do here. And Amber’s response was something along the lines of…maybe it’s because my body is craving the sugar that it would normally get from EVERY food product back home in the form of high fructose corn syrup. And I had to agree.

And this morning as I was waking up, my dream was me visiting back home, for some reason, and I was asking my dad for 10, 20 bucks so that I could go buy some food at Fred Meyer to bring back home. And I remember wanting to bring things back like SPAM (don’t judge me), seasoning packets, crystal light, and other random deliciousness.

No comments: