Yesterday was the grand swear in ceremony. It was a couple hours long and consisted of people giving speeches and a lot of thank yous and whatnot. John Mark and I were unsure of when we were goning to give our speech, then all of a sudden our names were called out. Of course they butchered my name...and they forgot to put my name in the program. Later on, we were invited back to eat a little food...it was delicious. It's been a while since I've eaten what I consider edible meat, lol. And there were little spring/egg roll thingys that I hope to make at some point. I just gotta get my hands on some ground meat...or soy mince. Soy mince is this dehydrated soy/tofu stuff that has the texture of ground meat. I had some mixed in with spaghetti sauce. Oh, and the regional director for PC Africa was flown in from Washington, D.C. and was there for the ceremony and dinner thingy. He was real nice, encouraging, and supportive of us. He didn't have a big head at all.
When we returned to St Jean-Eudes we ALL went to the little bar, and celebrated. It was a great time, and I am sad we are all departing from one another within the next two days. However, I think we are all ready to move on out of Porto-Novo and commence our volunteer service...that is afterall, why we signed up! I think bittersweet may be the correct mot--word.
As usual, I will post up pics later!
Wish me luck :)
OH, and I won't lie...I am a little upset at the number of emails (very few) and letters (none) I have received...I want to stay in touch people! And, I am in Africa! Give me a break :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You didn't say how your speech went!?
When you get your assignment, will you have a different address?
I'm so proud of you! & I Love You!!!
Amy
Okay, so I went to send your package, and it was 7 lbs., so it would cost $98 to send!! So, I have to get the package under 4lbs, and I'm gonna try the post office instead of a shipping store!!
So, for now, all I can send is my warm, loving thoughts!!
Amy
Post a Comment